Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- * if you don’t have balsamic glaze, 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is also delicious!
- Start with a cold pan and arrange sprouts cut side down in a 12 inch, non stick skillet.
- Drizzle oil evenly over sprouts and cover the pan with a lid.
- Place pan over medium high heat and allow to cook, covered for 5 minutes. Check and make sure they have turned bright green and the cut sides are starting to brown.
- Uncover and continue to cook 2-3 minutes more, or until well browned and fork tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Toss to coat and serve hot.
Nutrition: 1/4 of recipe: ~183 calories , 3 protein, 5 net carbs, 15 fat
*recipe inspiration from cooksillustrated.com