Did you plan on firing up the grill this Barbeque season?
When attending or hosting a gathering like a summer BBQ, it can be tricky to stay on track. There can be so many distractions that result in mindless eating while socializing. Avoid backsliding with your progress by setting yourself up for success before the BBQ begins!
Here are 6 tips to use for a healthy BBQ:
#1 – Hydrate!
- Try to avoid sugar-sweetened beverages and focus on water. Pro-Tip: set a water goal and keep your water bottle close to ensure you hydrate yourself.
#2 – Set an alcohol limit and keep up with your drinks!
- Some clients found it helpful to keep track of their drinks by putting something in their pocket each time they drink a beverage.
#3 – Plan to exercise!
- Try to get a walk or workout in before the BBQ. Research shows that exercising before a social event can encourage healthier choices and moderation.
#4 – Skip the pasta and opt for salad!
- Bring or plan on including a salad instead of carb-heavy pasta options that are usually found at a BBQ
#5 – Focus on lean protein!
- Go for chicken, sirloin, filet, seafood, or other lean protein sources to save on unnecessary calories
#6 – Include veggies and fill up on those first!
- The more color the better!! Grilling bell peppers, summer squash, red onion, mushrooms, and zucchini can be a great way to add lots of color to your plate.
If you are looking for more guidance and accountability in navigating a healthy summer- I can help!!
I can’t wait to work with you,