Categories: lunch, dinner, weeknight, easy
Tags: lunch, dinner, protein, vegetables, weeknight, easy
Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes Total Servings: 4
- 1 Spaghetti squash (makes about 4 cups)
- 1 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb pack of sliced sweet peppers
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 24 oz jar of marinara (like Rao’s)
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1lb ground hamburger or turkey (90/10)
Slice spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Spray the halves with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the squash flat side down on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for approximately 30-45 mins depending on size.
- Cook onion, peppers and mushrooms until tender.
- Cook hamburger or turkey until done.
- When squash is cooked, remove from the oven and fork out the spaghetti squash into a baking dish. Add the onion, peppers and mushrooms to the squash and mix together.
- Add hamburger on top and then add sauce. Top with cheese and bake an additional 10 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition: per 1 serving ~ 553 calories, 24g fat, 35 g net carbs, 34g protein
Inspiration or attribution if applicable: Jeremy Toton, TriForce Athlete