Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Total Servings: 6
This hearty soup is so easy and fast to make – using rotisserie chicken and pantry and freezer staples means your family can enjoy dinner without having to eat out! We left out the tortilla strips, but if you want some crunch try thinly sliced radishes – you can even buy them pre-sliced in the produce section.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (we like smoked paprika!)
- 4 cups (32 oz) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed (can use frozen)
- 10 oz (~2 cups) rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, avocado, radish slices
- Press saute on Instant pot or heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add oil.
- Add in onions and jalapeno and cook, stirring for ~5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and spices (through paprika) and stir, cooking 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and allow to boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve hot with additional toppings as desired!
Nutrition: 1/6th of recipe ~ 356 calories , 27 protein, 39 net carbs, 5 fat
*nutrition calculated based on soup without toppings
recipe modified from averiecooks.com