Categories: beef, protein, gluten-free,
Tags: meal prep, beef, gluten-free, grill, easy, fast, weeknight
Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Total Servings: 6
- 2 lbs 90/10 lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated or finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional spices:
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sumac
- Place ground beef and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Using clean hands or a fork, mix until well combined.
- Form mixture into a small ball and then squeeze into an oblong shape, about ½ inch in thickness. Repeat with the remaining meat and refrigerate while you heat the grill.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, grease lightly with olive oil, and place the kafta on the grill. Let cook for 8-10 minutes, or until browned, turning with tongs to ensure even browning.
- While kafta is grilling, slice the cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, and red onion for salad. Toss with greens, feta, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Serve kafta with salad, hummus, and rice if desired.
Nutrition: Makes 16 small kafta, 258 calories, 13 g fat, 3 g net carb, 31 g protein Inspiration or attribution if applicable: inspired by my neighbor, Darine