Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
Egg Roll But In A Bowl is a one pan dinner that can be on the table in less than 15 minutes and is packed with protein and veggies! It is flavorful and can easily be adjusted to your taste or what you have on hand – this is our favorite version but feel free to reduce down to even just 3 ingredients – ground turkey, soy sauce and shredded coleslaw mix.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup minced onion (~1/2 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 4 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 bag (7 cups) shredded tri-color coleslaw mix
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add 1/2 of sesame oil and meat and cook until browned. Add the onions, garlic and remaining sesame oil. Cook until onions are softened.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the spices and stir before adding the sauce.
- Add the veggies and toss to coat. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until cabbage begins to wilt. Serve plain or over jasmine or cauliflower rice.
Nutrition: 1/4th of recipe ~ 246 calories , 20 protein, 12 net carbs, 10 fat
*nutrition calculated without rice