Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
This is an easy way to enjoy a protein filled breakfast without eggs. Prep ahead by cooking all of the toast, slicing berries and sweetening cottage cheese. Store separately and assemble when ready to eat.
- 8 Slices Ezekiel Bread, or other sprouted thin sliced bread
- 3 Eggs
- 6 Tbsp egg whites
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 tsp liquid vanilla Stevia, divided *
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups assorted berries (can be frozen or fresh)
- Sugar Free syrup or Maple Syrup
- Whisk together egg, vanilla and almond milk, 2 tsp stevia, 2 tsp vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Heat pan on medium heat until hot and add butter.
- Dip bread in egg/almond milk mixture and set in pan. Cook for about three minutes, till golden brown and then turn and cook other side till golden.
- Stir 2 tsp stevia and extra cinnamon into cottage cheese. Spread on one slice of French toast and top with berries. Then place second slice of bread on top of that and drizzle with the syrup and enjoy!
Nutrition: 1/4 of recipe is~ 339 calories , 21 protein, 34 net carbs, 9 fat
*can use other non calorie sweetener of choice – like Monkfruit, or use regular sugar if you prefer