Total Time: ~10 minutes
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, to taste
- Heat a heavy pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add butter and swirl around pan. Spread mushrooms evenly around pan and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Let mushrooms brown slightly before stirring.
- Add garlic, stir and be careful not to let it burn.
- Add wine (caution- it will release a LOT of steam when it hits the pan).
- Let wine cook down.
- When liquid is fully absorbed, taste.
- Add any additional salt to taste (don’t add before, the butter may make your mushrooms saltier than you realize when cooked down).
- Serve warm!
Nutrition: 1/4 of recipe ~76 calories, 4 protein, 4 net carb, 4 fat