Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
This salad is fresh, flavorful and perfect for a make ahead lunch. The protein comes from both the chickpeas and the tuna for a combination that is not only tasty but helps you stay full despite it being a salad. If you have ever packed tuna for lunch and regretted it because of the smell, putting lemon juice on the tuna when you bag it can help!
- 10 oz drained chunk white or albacore tuna
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced Persian cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup red onion (we like pickled)
- 4 ounces fresh feta, sliced thick or crumbled
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- In each of 4 (4-cup) containers or bowls, arrange 1/3 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 green pepper, 1/3 cup tomato, olives and red onion, top with Feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper and red wine vinegar.
- Serve about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing with each salad.
- Add 2.5 oz of tuna (about half a can) to plastic bags to be added to salad when ready to eat.
372 calories, 18g fat, 18g net carbs, 26g protein