Categories: eggs, protein, whole grains, ham, gluten-free
Tags: meal prep, whole grains, vegetables, gluten-free
Course: breakfast, snack
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Total Servings: 6
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 1 bag of frozen, riced cauliflower (or 2 cups shredded zucchini squash)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Liberally spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
- To freeze: Place baked cups on a baking sheet then freeze until solid and transfer to a freezer bag. Microwave for 20-40 seconds depending on how many you’re reheating.
- For mini muffin tins: Bake for 15-20 minutes
Nutrition: makes 14 regular-sized muffins, per muffin 82 calories, 3 g fat, 6 g net carb, 6 g protein
Inspiration or attribution if applicable: * adapted from Iowagirleats.com