Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes (plus additional marinating time)
Total Servings: 4
This chicken is tender, sweet, and delicious. With such a short ingredients list, it’s also super easy to make! We like to eat it with rice and a bagged salad.
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp pineapple juice (can sub 2-3 tbsp brown sugar if using fresh pineapple instead of canned in 100% juice)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 20 oz can of pineapple chunks, in 100% juice, drained (reserving 3 tbsp for marinade)
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Place chicken in a zip top bag or bowl and pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate until ready to use, allowing to marinate at least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Heat skillet or griddle top to medium high heat. Add a little oil and cook onions for 2-3 minutes before adding chicken with marinade. Cook for ~6 minutes, stirring 1-2 times to allow chicken to brown a bit.
- Lastly add pineapple chunks and continue to cook and stir for another 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are softened.
Nutrition: per 1 serving (includes marinade) ~ 267calories , 36g protein, 12g net carbs, 7g fat
Inspiration or attribution if applicable: *