Categories: pork, protein
Tags: meal prep, instant pot
Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Total Servings: 6
- 1.5-2 lbs of boneless pork roast cut into 2-inch chunks and trimmed of excess fat (we find a pack pre-done this way at our local Walmart)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil (optional, used if searing before pressure cooking)
- Mojo Sauce:
- 1 cup beer or chicken stock
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- For servings: chopped fresh cilantro, diced onion, fresh salsa, lime wedges
- If searing the meat, click the “saute” setting. Add the oil and the pork to the sear. Turn after 1 minute until browned on all sides.
- Press “cancel” to turn off the heat
- Add Mojo Sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour over the pork.
- Close the lid and set the vent to “sealing”.
- Cook on high pressure for 45 minutes, followed by a natural release for about 15 minutes.
- Set the oven broiler to high.
- Transfer the pork with a slotted spoon to a large baking sheet (it should be falling apart/shredding as you scoop). Spoon a little juice over the top and broil for 4-5 minutes or until the edges are brown and crispy. You can add more of the juice and broil again or just toss with ½ of the remaining juice and serve.
- Sprinkle with optional toppings of cilantro, onion, and salsa, and serve over potatoes, in tortillas, salads, or nachos! Keeps in the fridge for 3 days or freezer for 3 months.
Nutrition: ~ 293 calories, 41g protein, 4g net carbs, 13g fat inspiration or attribution if applicable: