Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Total Servings: 5
One pot meals are the best and even better when you can set it and forget it! We love how simple this recipe is because we can make it in a flash with things we have on hand but feel free to add more veggies to the sauce if you prefer!
- 1 lb lean ground meat (ex. 93% beef or turkey)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 25-28 oz jar marinara sauce (we like Rao’s)
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz of red lentil pasta, broken in half (can sub protein pasta)
- Optional topping: grated Parmesan cheese
- Press saute on instant pot. When hot, add the meat and salt and cook, breaking up for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes more to soften.
- Add the sauce, water and noodles and make sure that the liquid covers everything and that noodles aren’t in a clump.
- Add lid and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes.
- Quick release and serve topped with grated cheese if desired. We like air fryer green beans or a bagged salad with it since both can be made while the spaghetti cooks!
Nutrition: 1/5th of recipe ~ 409 calories , 31 protein, 31 net carbs, 17 fat
*nutrition calculated with red lentil pasta and without additional toppings