Categories: lunch, dinner, weeknight, easy
Tags: lunch, dinner, protein, salad, vegetables, weeknight, easy
Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Total Servings: 4
- 4 (6 oz each) cod filets, skinless, about 1-inch thick
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Tbsp butter, cut into 1 Tbsp pieces, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together paprika, onion powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle and spread spice mixture over both sides of the cod filets (use up all of the mixture).
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cod and sear until golden brown and cook through on each side, about 3 – 4 minutes per side (fish should flake easily with a fork when done). Transfer to serving plates.
- Reduce burner temperature to medium-low. Melt remaining 4 Tbsp butter in the same skillet.
- Add garlic and saute just until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour and stir in lemon juice. Add more to taste.
- Immediately pour sauce over cod filets. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.
Nutrition: per 1 serving~ 287 calories, 22g fat, 3 g net carbs, 21g protein
Inspiration or attribution if applicable: www.cookingclassy.com