One of the best things to prepare for 2022 Open starting Feb 24 is to dial in your nutrition.
“Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.”
If you commit to eating more whole foods from now until the Open, you will notice :
Any loss of body fat will make gymnastic movements like pull-ups, handstand push-ups, and toes to bar easier. These movements are always in the Open!
You will have more energy in your workouts.
You will be able to recover faster so you can put more intensity into each workout.
- Focus first on getting more whole foods each day.
- Next, work on getting the right amount of food.
- Finally, work on fueling and recovering from your workouts well.
A simple way to start doing this is to try swapping fried fries for baked fries or potatoes:
- Baked from frozen: 3 oz is 125 cal, 4g fat, 21g carbs
- Small fried is 2.5 oz is 222 cal, 10g fat, 29g carbs
- Large fried is 5.4 oz is 480 cal, 22g fat, 64 g carbs
Ordering a small one saves half the amount of fat and carbs. Choosing deep-fried over-baked nearly double the calories. When having fried, a large serving contains a full meal’s worth of calories for many people.
Start today and if ordering out, see if there are other non-fried sides you like. If not, order a smaller size than what you normally do or share your fries with someone. If eating at home, choosing to bake/air fry fries or whole potatoes is your best option!
Doing this will pay off and you will feel the benefits!