Categories: side, weeknight, easy, vegetables
Tags: side, salad, vegetables, weeknight, easy
Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Total Servings: 4
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar *optional
- 1 ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp peppercorns *optional
- In a large bowl, combine the hot water, vinegar, sugar, salt, and peppercorns. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Add the sliced onions to the bowl and stir gently. Press down so that the onions are submerged in the liquid.
- Let sit until cool before moving to the refrigerator and storing for up to 3 weeks.
- Pro Tip: we make them directly in the jar we store them in to save on dishes.
Nutrition: per 1 serving ~ 24 calories, 0g fat, 5 g net carbs, 0g protein
Inspiration or attribution if applicable: www.therealfooddietitians.com