Categories: lunch, dinner, air fryer, weeknight, easy
Tags: lunch, dinner, protein, salad, vegetables, air fryer, weeknight, easy
Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Total Servings: 4
- 4 chicken and apple sausage links (like Aidell’s)
- 3 pack of bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small white or red onion, sliced
- ½ cup sauerkraut (optional)
- 4 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Everything but the bagel seasoning or salt to taste
- Slice chicken sausages into 1 inch pieces while the air fryer or skillet heats up.
- If using the air fryer, toss in all ingredients and set the timer for 10 minutes. Stir after 5 minutes to ensure everything is browning well. Add in sauerkraut, if using during the last minute and stir to heat.
- If using a skillet, add ½ tbsp when it is hot and sear sausage on both sides. Then add peppers and onions, and continue to stir and cook for about 5 minutes more, or until onions are getting translucent. Add in sauerkraut, if using during the last minute and stir to heat.
- Serve as is or over hot rice and enjoy!
*Whenever the chicken sausages are on sale, we buy them in bulk and freeze. They thaw quickly in warm water!
Nutrition: per 1 serving with 1 cup rice~ 390 calories, 13g fat, 46 g net carbs, 17g protein
Inspiration or attribution if applicable: