Course: lunch, dinner
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
- 20 oz 90/10 lean ground turkey
- 1 packet of reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- Salt and oregano
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce or salad greens
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo or salsa
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 4 Low carb tortillas
- Lime wedges
- avocado or guacamole in place of cheese
- fresh onion
- pickled red onion
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped cilantro
- Brown the turkey in a large skillet and break into small pieces. When all pink is gone, add seasoning packet and water and let simmer as directed on the package. In a separate pan heated to medium high heat, saute red onion and peppers for 3-5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Season with salt and oregano.
- Divide the lettuce into 4 bags. Once meat and peppers are cooled, add to 4 containers and top with cheese if using. Put pico and any additional toppings in and store in fridge until ready to use.
- To serve as a taco, heat the meat, peppers and cheese in a tortilla and put lettuce and extra salsa and toppings on the side. To serve as a salad, put the lettuce on a plate or bowl and top with meat, veggies and toppings. Finish with dressing of either more salsa or bolthouse farms avocado cilantro dressing. Enjoy!
Nutrition: 368 cal, 17g fat, 16g net carb, 32g protein