Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
When we were in college, Chris and I loved to order the Friday special at our favorite Mediterranean restaurant. This is our take on that delicious meal with many good memories. Fresh herbs can seem extra, but if you were ever going to try them, do it with this! The fresh basil really adds to the overall flavors. The dressing is close to the house-made one while being convenient. The chicken marinade is from ingredients we always have on hand and the noodles have an added boost of protein to make sure you are satisfied but not sleepy after lunch.
- 8 cups mixed lettuces
- 8 oz protein penne pasta, cooked
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cubed and grilled *optional marinade below
- 6 oz honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 1 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped
- 6 tbsp fresh Lemon juice, adding hulls to bag as well
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- To marinate the chicken, combine the marinade ingredients and chicken in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to combine. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat and cook chicken with lemon slices for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- To assemble salad, Place about 2 cups mixed lettuces in each container.
- Toss cooked pasta with 4 ounces vinaigrette.
- Spoon approximately 1 cup pasta onto lettuce, then add chicken.
- Top with diced tomato, feta cheese and fresh basil, to taste. Drizzle with extra dressing when ready to eat.
436 cal, 14g fat, 45g net carb, 24g pro