Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Total Servings: 4
This salad has a clever twist on a classic American favorite. Easy beef patties are served on a bed of lettuce with hamburger-topping favorites and a flavorful “special sauce” dressing to complete this classic combo.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Dressing: (optional)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 2 tbsp ketchup, no sugar added
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
For the Salad:
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
For the Fries
12 oz of Alexia Smart Classics fries (about 48 fries)
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and combine. Gently form into 4 equal patties and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook hamburger patties on a grill to medium doneness, around 4-5 minutes per side. After flipping the patties, add the onion rings to the grill. Cook onion for the remaining 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow patties to rest for 5-10 minutes then cut each patty into 16 bite-size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, add the lettuce, pickles, avocado and tomatoes to a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide the salad among 4 plates, top each with grilled onions, cheese, and 1 chopped patty. Drizzle with ¼ of the dressing or dressing of choice.
- For the fries, preheat air fryer to 400 F or oven and bake according to package directions (13-20 minutes)
Nutrition: 483 cal, 24g fat, 28g net carb, 29g pro
*recipe inspiration from skinnytaste.com